Many companies offer some form of health insurance. Most companies provide a choice of plans, the most common types being health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and preferred provider organizations (PPOs).
Here are questions to consider when evaluating your health insurance:
- How often do I see the doctor?
- Is routine care (such as annual physicals and gynecological appointments) covered?
- What is the co-payment for office visits and prescriptions?
- Are birth control pills covered?
- What is the monthly charge to me for each plan?
- Does the plan cover dental? Vision?
- Does the plan cover alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage)?