Tips to Improve Your Credit Score:
- Don’t apply for a lot of credit cards at one time-creditors will think you’re preparing for a spending spree.
- Don’t own more cards than you need, even if you’re responsible, creditors are wary that you might go on a buying binge at any time.
- Use your debit card for everyday cash items, such as food and gas–save your credit card for larger purchases.
- Try not to charge more on your credit card than you can pay off in one month.
- Consider consolidating your balances onto one low-rate card.
- Make sure any low interest rate you’re receiving will apply to balance transfers you make from other cards.