Telecommuting Advantages–For You and Your Company
For the employee:
- No commuting time.
- Lower stress level.
- Greater balance between work and family life.
- Flexible scheduling means you can take time off for personal needs.
- Fewer interruptions lead to more productive work time and possibly fewer work hours.
For the company:
- Increased productivity because of fewer office interruptions.
- Employees can work at their peak times because of flexible scheduling.
- No commuting time means increased time available for work.
- Lower overhead because of less office space, furnishings, and operating costs.
- More appealing work environment and flexibility boost employee morale, attract new employees, and increase employee retention.
- Fewer sick days used for minor illnesses, bad weather, etc.