How to Negotiate?
- Know (and believe in) your worth.
- Practice negotiating with a friend.
- Know the value of other benefits.
- Know what’s fair and reasonable for the position.
- Stand your ground.
- Justify your requirements with your skills.
- Be positive.
- Be honest.
- Propose a salary range spread of approximately $5,000.
- Know your bottom limit.
- Know your alternatives.
- Walk away on good terms.
- Lie about your past salary; it’s easily verifiable.
- Reveal offers from other companies.
- Focus on base salary and exclude other benefits.
- Start a bidding war between two companies.
- Make ultimatums you don’t intend to keep.
- Undervalue (or overvalue) your skills.
- Be too quick to give away benefits that you need.
- Be the first to mention salary.