Is Now the Right Time?
How do you know if you are ready for the financial and time commitments that school demands? Answer the following questions, giving yourself one point for every one response to see if the time is right for you.
- Do you know what you want to study and can you list 3 important reasons why that field appeals to you?
- Are your career/life goals clearly defined, or are you still figuring out what you have like to do with your life?
- Do you see returning to school as a clear step towards your life goals?
- Have you mapped out what courses you need to take to fulfill your degree and/or personal goals?
- Have you anticipated the length of time you may need to attend school to meet your degree and/or personal goals?
- Have you evaluated the impact that returning to school will have on your finances, both in terms of tuition and supplies, and in terms of reduced income?
- Do you have the time to devote to your studies and school activities?
- Does your family support your decision?
Click here to find out what your score means.